Postdoctoral researcher at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Human Computer Interaction
|We organize a workshop on physical data representations at the TEI'16 conference in Eindhoven. More infos under dataphys.org/workshops/tei16.
|I presented A Psychophysical Investigation of Size as a Physical Variable at the IEEE VIS conference in Chicago.
|I presented Opportunities and Challenges for Data Physicalization during CHI in Seoul and Faisal Taher presented Exploring Interactions with Physically Dynamic Bar Charts.
|We organized a workshop on Exploring the Challenges of Making Data Physical at CHI'15. Check out the link for more info and the great submissions to this workshop.
|My PhD thesis was awarded an honorable mention for the prix de thèse Gilles Kahn.
|I organized a workshop on the future of visualization at IEEE VIS in Paris together with Petra Isenberg, Jason Dykes, Sheelagh Carpendale, and Dan Keefe.
|A new and improved version of the list of physical visualizations went live.
|I'm now a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Copenhagen.
My research interests lie in the intersection where computers meet the physical world. I am interested in exploring the wide space of beyond-desktop interfaces and specifically their application within the field of visualization.
A short teaser video showcasing examples of data physicalizations. All shown examples are described in detail in the list of physical visualizations.
- Tangible Interaction
- Information Visualization
- Rapid Prototyping & Digital Fabrication
- Experimental Psychology
- List of physical visualizations (and related artifacts), curated together with Pierre Dragicevic.
- The Data Physicalization wiki
- program committee member for ACM ITS'14
- program committee member for ACM CHI'15 works-in-progress
- program committee member for ACM CHI'14 works-in-progress
- program committee member for ACM CHI'13 works-in-progress
Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen
Njalsgade 128, build. 24, 5th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark